Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Your payment method is invalid

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by Richelieu Dom Quintessis, Jul 8, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Richelieu Dom Quintessis

Richelieu Dom Quintessis
    Expand Collapse

I'm a new Uber user (rider), but when I tap "REQUEST Everyone's Uber", the messages

"Your payment method is invalid"
    "Please update your billing settings"

are displayed. The payment method is Paypal, which account has always worked for a long time.

Moreover I cannot edit the payment methods since there is only one.... (cannot add another Paypal either, then delete the 1st one...).

What can I do (I want to use Paypal)?

2. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber, nor is this forum authorized by Uber (and no, I am not an employee of Uber or "plant," on this or any other forum, and other than a contractor/driver and occasional passenger/customer, I have absolutely no affiliation with Uber) but here's my $.02....
    I use an Android phone (but suspect iPhone rider app is similar).
    On main Uber map screen, on left side of top bar that says "UBER," there is a group of 3 horizontal lines; that takes you off the map and puts you in the rider menu screen. Select Payment. On that screen, on the right side, is an icon that looks suspiciously like a credit card. Tap on that icon, that takes you to the Add Payment screen where you should be able to add a different CC number.

You may have to go to your profile via www.uber.com and add the new payment information there.

Hope all this helps.
    $.02
    MHD

UberRidiculous likes this.
  3. Muhubi

Muhubi
    Expand Collapse

United States
Draft saved Draft deleted