Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

WTF Uber India - Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by PaulKSF, Apr 26, 2018.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. PaulKSF

PaulKSF
    Expand Collapse

India
    I'm in India (In a city called Hyderabad) for 6 weeks for work. I was happy to hear that there was Uber here, but it is nothing like how Uber is in the U.S. A lot of people in India speak English, but all the Uber drivers barley speak English.

I called for an Uber and he made me cross an extremely busy two way street to get to him (there are no cross walks or driving rules in India, its crazy!). Anyways, I get in and it was literally a 1 minute ride because the whole reason I called the Uber was so that I didn't have to cross the street.

He drops me off and insists that I pay him cash. I told him the payment is through Uber. He says that he is a taxi cab, not an Uber in his broken English. Confused I pay him the fare of 50 Ruppees that he demanded (the Uber ride said 19 Ruppees). I get out of the car and take a picture of the licence plate. I check and it was my freakin Uber! So he scammed me out of 50 Rupees. The total $ amount is nothing, but the principal of it pisses me off.

The worst part is that I tried to complain to Uber and all they kept telling me was that I shouldn't have paid him any cash. They said my ride was connected through my credit card, so cash payment is not necessary (No Sh*T Sherlock). I asked if they are going to do anything about the driver, but I guess its so common for people in India to scam foreigners that they couldn't give two sh*ts about it... Next time an Uber driver in India tries to pull that on me, I'm gonna just get out and kick his door.

Uber Chat 1.PNG Uber Chat 2.PNG Uber Chat 3.PNG Uber Chat 2.PNG

Draft saved Draft deleted