Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

What happens when I get into an accident?

Discussion in 'Lyft Drivers Forum' started by CAP LA, Aug 2, 2018.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. CAP LA

CAP LA
    Expand Collapse

I was driving for lyft earlier this week when I was rear ended by a distracted driver. My passenger and I both had terrible whiplash pain. My car is a total loss. I hired an attorney but want to know what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Has anyone ever been involved in an accident while driving for lyft/uber?

2. gialyft

gialyft
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I am glad u doing good financially as u could afford an attorney. I only started driving job recently so i don't have savings yet. I need to save $2500 deductible required to get may car repaired after I got into an accident. My husband only gets $1300 monthly disability income. I might skip paying rent for a while too. It is going to be tough and expensive driving a rental car in the meantime. One day a the time always gets me through tough times either it is about my depression, my husband depression, being in the middle of bankruptcy case, post traumatic stress disorder (ptsd) from living in communism for me, ptsd from army for him and many other things we got to deal in life. So most support groups would advice anybody willing to get moral support to try living one day at the time as it is easier to handle accidents, disasters, catastrophes, loss of loved ones etc

3. CAP LA

CAP LA
    Expand Collapse

I am so sorry to hear about your situation! My husband has been on disability too since June but is expected to go back to work soon. He only gets about $1300 a month also and I was working about 50 hours a week to keep up with rent and payments on my car, etc. I don't have the money up front to pay for an attorney, I hired one of those " you don't pay us unless we win your case" attorneys. Since I am totally not at fault for this accident I know, and the attorneys know, that this case will be won in my favor, but now I just have to wait "a few months" for any compensation. The at fault driver's insurance has not offered me a rental car and they will not be paying for one because they have to pay off my car since it is a total loss and I was still making payments on it. I have now been 2 weeks with no car and no work. But I have been in pain and also have not even been interested in wanting to go anywhere. I want to stay home and sleep and be with my daughter. I do not qualify for disability since I am expected to recover from whiplash within 6 weeks, so I will have to get back to work soon. Without a car I surely cannot go back to being a driver, So I do not know what I am going to do. The life I have been comfortably living for about 7 years is now ruined.

4. gialyft

gialyft
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Lyft rental car works for me. They only took 250 bucks security deposit at the time I went get a car. Weekly rental of 208 bucks won't be charged till next Tuesday. So that gives me some time to shake off the accident off me and make some money. Instant pay section is disabled when he rental cars but weekly direct deposit in my bank after they take the money for rental car is going to work for me fine. My car (that i damaged in the accident) ain't going to get fixed too soon since I got to dich out 2500 deductible so it is going to take a while. However I got to forgive myself for the trouble I caused to my household finances. I will recover from this financial mess sooner or later. U will be fine too. U just got to find things that better your life and can be doable and work for u. Take baby steps if u have to. I am from another country so I take lots and lots of baby steps in everything I do lol

5. How I Uber

How I Uber
    Expand Collapse

Draft saved Draft deleted