Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Using Lumia 640 for wifi (have no data plan)

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by leis, Jun 15, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. leis

leis
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Hi,
    I'm learning using the wifi network on my Lumia 640 phone and love the phone but don't have data (internet plan) as I am a subscriber on a friend's plan that permits my text and talking for a reasonable monthly price. But I would like to get the Uber app if possible on the Lumia 640 so that, of course, I can uber up a ride when I'm out in the wifi network based to enable that action.
    Does anyone know if that is possible or if I can download an app through my PC and upload it to the windows phone with the USB connector??
    I doubted that this is possible since I'm restricted from apps and using windows phones without data may sound odd, but mostly I wanted a decent phone for talking and texting as well. Till Uber came along :) but no, I can use the muber for the PC fine, but it's just when I need to hitch a ride home from visiting over in say West LA and at that, I may not have internet access to muber that way and have to then settle for the Gremlin, or that is, city buses.

Thanks for any info. if it's with clarity that I'm seeking answer to.

Draft saved Draft deleted