Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Uber charged me a bull**** cancellation

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by Jfab123, Aug 7, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Jfab123

Jfab123
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I ordered an Uber tonight and the car was 3 minutes away (just around the corner from me). For 5 minutes the driver continued to drive in the opposite direction and soon his estimate arrival went from 3 minutes to 8 minutes. I understand the drivers time is valuable and if he is enough route it's fair to charge us, but this driver seemed to completely ignore my fare request and drive in the wrong direction.

How in the heck can Uber get away with charging me for this? This is criminal theft. And Uber has no customer service phone numbers listed. I have looked everywhere and can not find a phone number. I guess the next stop is the BBB. not only did they charge me a ridiculous fee, but they screwed up the schedule fory night.

If the car drives in the opposite direction of the fare it is criminal to be charging a cancellation fee.

I hope Uber gets taken down on RICO charges for mass insurance fraud.

And if anyone has a phone number where I can call to have this settled I would appreciate it.

SDUber likes this.
  2. Mark Panitz

Mark Panitz
    Expand Collapse

United States
    first off akk calm down you can go the app and place chose driver misconnect and uber will credit you the $ 5.00 to your account
    2nd dont all blame driver you coulfd blame appp but thhre one thing you could done you could called your driver and told them excatly were you were

3. Mark Panitz

Mark Panitz
    Expand Collapse

United States
    also found this
    https://help.uber.com/h/6bec690f-ee35-40ba-96ee-c38a8ae796e0#_

I was charged a cancellation fee
    If you were wrongly charged a cancellation fee, select the trip and a reason below. For more info, view the cancellation policy
    Select a trip

Reason
    • My driver and I couldn't connect
    • My pickup location was incorrect
    • My driver cancelled
    • The ETA was too long
    • The ETA was too short
    • My driver asked me to cancel
    SUBMIT

4. SDUber

SDUber
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I feel like I have been charged a $5 cancellation fee as well as a rider when drivers were not at pickup location. Definitely in drivers favour. Thought about protesting it.

5. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

Actually, the GPS reports to the app to let Uber know if the driver is at the "requested" location before allowing a cancellation fee to be processed. They have to be at that location a minimum amount of time before canceling. So, if the pin is dropped incorrectly, and it happens more often than not, then the driver is at the correct location and has a right to get paid for waiting for nothing.

I have driven to the pin location, the address specified in the app, and sometimes the best guess of where the pax wanted to get picked up only to find that; the destination was entered instead of the pickup spot, they didn't even look where the pin dropped to realize it was on the next street over, they entered their home location as a pickup when they were out on the town, etc.

6. Sdaino

Sdaino
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Incorrect pin drops happen all the time. Passengers often are to lazy to double check the address or enter the correct pick up location. Sometimes riders will call and complain I'm in the wrong location. I will always text when I arrive. If I get attitude after waiting for in the wrong location for 5 minutes, I'll usually cancel as a no show.

Draft saved Draft deleted