Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Uber account hacked and the hell breaks loose!

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by Ming, Oct 9, 2017.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Ming

Ming
    Expand Collapse

United States
    My Uber account was hacked recently by someone in Russia and the hacker tried to hire a car in Moscow. Fortunately the transaction was blocked by my credit card!

Uber did not have the courtesy to notify me of the hacking! It just blocked my account, which I noticed when I tried to use Uber a few days later.

My bank thought that my credit card was compromised, it had to cancel my card and issue a new one. Think about that I had to change all the auto payments with the new card! A total mess!

My Uber account is still blocked because, presumably, the hacker's job in Moscow was not paid, and Uber is going after me! Can anyone believe that!

I tired to contact Uber multiple times, but unsuccessfully! No telephone number! Emails were not received by Uber. Uber's customer service really sucks!!! It seems to forget it is still a service company and we, customers, are putting money into its profit!. I recently made a trip to China, which has a far better ride-sharing services. Chinese ride-sharing is a copycat of Uber, but apparently they have made it a much better product!

I am boycotting Uber for now and using Lyft. I urge you to do the same until Uber significantly improves its customer service.

Anyone has a similar experience? Any suggestions for contacting Uber to voice my concern?

Thanks,

Draft saved Draft deleted