Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 60,000 posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

POLL: Why do you drive for Uber?

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Dreamer, Sep 16, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

?

Why do you drive for Uber?

1. Full time job

11 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. Extra money

51 vote(s)
    82.3%
  3. Enjoy meeting people

21 vote(s)
    33.9%
  4. Enjoy learning about where people go in a city/learning the city better

11 vote(s)
    17.7%
  5. It pays better than Taxi/Lyft, etc.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. Other

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. amy

amy
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I just started this week. I am disabled.it's very hard to earn money because of my condition..so this format puts me in charge of what i make and how much i can physically do...i hv always been very successful in sales. Working with the public is a natural. I avoid neg. And concentrate on the positive!!

ClevelandUberRider likes this.
  2. Jennifer G.

Jennifer G.
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I just started driving with Lyft because I got a huge signup bonus! I know some of you discouraged me from signing up but it seems to be worth it so far. Hopefully other drivers don't sign up after me so rates dump

3. Rahul

Rahul
    Expand Collapse

United States
    hey Amy. Even I am having similar problems, let me know if you come across a better way to drive for Uber or Lyft. The earning rates on both of these platforms are daunting and I don't wanna be stuck with one of the 2 by enrolling into their lease program. Rather I would like to have flexibility.

4. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Most cities in the US are well under$1/mile. Signup bonus' is the uber bait. When they've reeled in enough fish, their true colors come to life. Detroit's rates are .30/mile, uber will not hesitate to do the same to other cities if the drivers let them. Keep in mind that "booking fees" are as high $3 in some cities. The driver does not get any of that.

5. Rahmat Elroes Petra Boas

Rahmat Elroes Petra Boas
    Expand Collapse

Indonesia
    Recently for extra money, but then again kinda become main job here in jakarta, since its good money making,

but for me personally... Just like driving and rolling through out the city day and night, this city of mine is crazy as hell tho, so its like entertainment when they enter the back seat, and you can learn a whole more a lot all of their behavior.

But i chose uber system, cause its teach us not to pick client, far or close distance small change-or big money ride, doesn't matter, just accept it, just don't count trip per trip, never look at the earning tabs, just accept and drive, then you'll know you're makin a lot more.

Cheers.

6. mblatch

mblatch
    Expand Collapse

I drive for Uber to supplement my income and meet new people. I'm a CPA and have picked up many individual tax returns just from quick conversations with riders! Although I do not drive January - April 15th, Uber has brought me many clients during the other months.

7. AdsUber

AdsUber
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I may have a solution for Uber drivers who want to earn more while still doing the job they want. Check it out!
    Check out AdsUber Help a driver and help your business grow! on #indiegogo!
    http://igg.me/at/AdsUber

Draft saved Draft deleted