Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

New driver deactivated after 25 trips

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by CLARKC, Aug 27, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. CLARKC

CLARKC
    Expand Collapse

Canada
    I am a part time new uber driver just finished my 25 trips, and I got message from uber, My account is deactivated during last 25 trip blow the average rating. I got 3.4 /5. (Actually, I wrote a letter to office complain the rate, 8 hours driving, I only got 140 dollar, i think they really don't like me, so just find a reason get ride of me, but that's fine, at least i know this is not good job anyway, as a new uber driver, i would rather do my own job). So My conclusion is Uber only need the top 10% driver in the city, that's why they keeping hiring, and keep firing driver, so those guys can have more job to keep them busy. Remember uber can fire you anytime they want, 4.6 out of 5, are you kidding me, top 10 only ? So if you are retard, don't be uber driver.

By the way, I get a invitation to activate my account, I have to pay 100 dollar training to activate my account, what a ridiculous joke. Why you don't provide a free training for new drivers, is "partner" just a law term, so you can easily get away from taking any responsibility ?

I know I should not complain, because I am not familiar with downtown area, and I picked a rider after BLUE JAYS game over, I stunned in downtown for 30 mins, and rider pay me 8 dollars, what a funny story, hmmm......Never go to downtwon man, you will be faked up, no matter X2.0, X1.5 surge price, when you get there, they are gone.

By the way, does uber really ban a rider during the past years, there were 2 guys smoking in my car, I told them not to, they ignore my warning, and continue do so, after they got destination, they forced me give them 5 star, WTF.

Another story,

2. Milady de Winter

Milady de Winter
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    Clark, sounds like you've been royally screwed uber style,
    yeah, uber doesnt like complaints from drivers(aka hearing the truth) about their piss poor training, their insulting rates or anything else for that matter. Im glad its just a part time gig for you, imagine not having anything else to fall back on-there are plenty of drivers in that situation.
    as for "dont drive for uber if you are retarded", in my humble opinion if someone wants to drive for uber they neeb to be a little on the slow side, otherwise they catch on pretty quickly that its a total scam for drivers.
    as for the smoking dudes, thats just plain rude. What wankers. Sigh.
    on the bright side, you now have more free time to do with as you choose, enjoy it and best of luck to you.
    p.s. unless you're desperate, dont even dream of paying uber $100 for training......its just another scam.;)

3. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Some of these upper mgrmt uberites probably had some training from amway teaching them how to bully their downline into buying all their motivation tapes and spending $100s to go to conventions at holiday inn just to hear some one at diamond level give the same speech over and over again.

4. Milady de Winter

Milady de Winter
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    True that, lidman

UberRidiculous and Lidman like this.
  5. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Now I'm driving a regular yellow car in C...Rapids. The rates are about 3.30/mile compared to the measly 1.25/mile that uber charges. I'm just glad that there's very few uber'ers in cedar rapids.. Hopefullly after a few months of doing this, I 'll finally move to Portland Or, I'll just be one oceans length away from queensland.

UberRidiculous likes this.
  6. UberRidiculous

UberRidiculous
    Expand Collapse

@Lidman okay this is going to sound dumb, but where is Cedar Rapids?

7. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

It's in Iowa.

8. UberRidiculous

UberRidiculous
    Expand Collapse

You would move from Iowa to Portland Oregon? I just did a mapquest and that's 2000 miles! Were you joking? Or is something (someone) waiting for you there?

9. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

No joke. Im just not sure exactly when. I am aiming for November. I did the trip last June. Did it in 24 hrs.

10. UberRidiculous

UberRidiculous
    Expand Collapse

That's a big move. What brings you there?

11. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

A lot of relatives.

12. UberRidiculous

UberRidiculous
    Expand Collapse

Then what brought you to Iowa?

13. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

simular situation, relatives (living there at the time) getting away from ny etc

14. UberRidiculous

UberRidiculous
    Expand Collapse

Wow and you are from New York! That's kinda cool. I read somewhere that Frank Sinatra said he used to get asked all the time where he thought was the best place in the world to live. His answer was where his loved ones are. Great answer.

15. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

upstate ny is more like iowa .. its just very expensive even more so then chicago

16. UberRidiculous

UberRidiculous
    Expand Collapse

I had a client that was going to relocate to Detroit Michigan from Buffalo New York once, for a new job, but he decided against taking that job because he said it was more expensive here.

17. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

well transportation would be very cheap if he/she chose uber x 75cents /mle lol

18. UberRidiculous

UberRidiculous
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but housing and property taxes are high here, and the city of Detroit has city income taxes, and I hear water is high, and we have freezing winters, so gas is high but that may be similar in New York. I guess everything is sorta relative though. Because you can make more here too (not with Uber tho). Apparently whatever they were offering him wasn't enough to move. On second thought, I think he may have gone back to his employer and told them what kind of raise he would need to stay where he was. They obviously gave him enough to stay put.,

19. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Ann Arbor is a nice town.

20. UberRidiculous

UberRidiculous
    Expand Collapse

Ann Arbor is VERY expensive.

Draft saved Draft deleted