Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Lyft vs Uber Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'Lyft Drivers Forum' started by pgioffre, Mar 15, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. pgioffre

pgioffre
    Expand Collapse

Which do you drive for? Which do you prefer? List your favorite things about each.

2. Jennifer G.

Jennifer G.
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I personally prefer Uber. Check out why here. I think Uber gives a lot more opportunities to drive because in my city Uber is more popular and rates are (slightly) higher. Also, Uber driver referrals are much higher.

People are starting to use Lyft more, though, because their prime pricing is capped at 2x so it's the best of two "evils" if you will

3. Tequila Jake

Tequila Jake
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I prefer Lyft because of the app and its tipping capability, as well as the higher fares. However, the reality is there here it seems riders are 80% Uber so you have to go where the volume is.

About the only time I get back to back Lyft rides is Saturday and Sunday mornings.

4. Rahul

Rahul
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Does anyone know if there is a way to be Uber as well as Lyft driver, as both have pros and cons, in terms of volume and earning opportunities?

5. HardDrive62

HardDrive62
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Easy.Just sign up for each. Where I drive the majority of riders are Uber. I like Lyft because of the tips on the app. Problem is some rides are too far away and I get more canceled trips before I arrive. I use two phones, one for each. Easy to reach up and turn one off when needed.

6. Black Mercedes@Lyft

Black Mercedes@Lyft
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Uber pax tend to be lower class, its a much cheaper ride vs. LYFT, plus tips, you will never see a tip if you work uber pax

7. Louisvillerideshareguy

Louisvillerideshareguy
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Been driving for Uber and now going to also drive for Lyft. I prefer Lyft hands down just because they give you a chance to make a real profit with in app tipping

But if anyone is serious about doing this full time I would suggest doing both. To make money you have to have tight control on your expenses and it's imperative to bring in as mucb income as possible with as little dead time as possible.

I know I will refer drivers to both and take advantage of both referral fees.

Draft saved Draft deleted