Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

It took me over 1 hour to go 1 mile with Uber, $3.74

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by Dreamer, Aug 12, 2017.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Dreamer

Dreamer
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

I took Uber Pool and it took me more than 1 hour to go 1 mile. The driver only made $3.74 from me before the Uber cut. How do Uber drivers make money?
    uber long drive.jpg

2. Gordon Crespo

Gordon Crespo
    Expand Collapse

United States
    When traffic is that bad why didn't you get out and walk. In regards to the Uber drivers income, if the income drops low enough the driver will quit driving

3. Dreamer

Dreamer
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

You are right, should have walked but didn't know it was going to take as long as it did.

At any rate, assume the other 2 passengers paid $3.74. 3 x $3.74 = $11.22 for more than one hour of driving. Assume Uber cut is 30% or $3.36 results in the driver earning ~$7.85 per hour. This is before maintenance, gas, car payments, insurance, cell phone bills, etc. Much less than minimum wage...

4. Crazy Cat Lady

Crazy Cat Lady
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Actually, the driver doesn't get paid per what you pay. They get distance and time regardless of how many riders there are. So he may have made less. Time is usually paid at about $5 per hour to the driver depending on the market (with a rider or riders in the car, not empty). Mileage may be as little as 60 odd cents per mile.

This us why drivers hate pool and uber loves it. Uber is getting paid by all the riders. The driver doesn't get paid any more.

Draft saved Draft deleted