Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Issue with Payment methods

Discussion in 'UberEATS Forum' started by Naj, Nov 5, 2017.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Naj

Naj
    Expand Collapse

United States
    So everytime I try to add a new payment method to my Uber account, I get an error message that says that it’s already being used on multiple other accounts and reached its limit. And this is happening with all my cards. I used to have other Uber accounts before my current one but I made sure to deactivate them all. I also let my siblings use my cards for their own Uber accounts. I have sufficient funds in my account but it won’t let me add it. Is there a way I can fix this issue myself or contact them to have them remove my card informations from the other accounts and allow me to use it on this one? What do I do?

2. gordonisnz

gordonisnz
    Expand Collapse

New Zealand
    which country are you in ? I had this same issue with Uber a few months ago.

a) valid visa (debit) card - expired August 2017.
    b) bank issued a new card with SAME numbers - everything the same except a new expiry date.

i spent weeks / a month trying to resolve it with Uber & NOTHING worked. (they said things but their instructions didnt work & even the app had missing information - options not showing as the Uber website FAQ described)

Anyway i asked that they DELETE my Uber account, they told me that this would not work & didnt do anything. After a few more emails, they eventually did delete my account.

within an hour i re-created my account with my NEW card. now everything is working fine.

I'm in NEW ZEALAND. i use Uber for Uber eats (not the taxi / other services).

3. gordonisnz

gordonisnz
    Expand Collapse

New Zealand
    Ps- Are you sure your card isnt being used by another account ? The same card number cannot be used on multiple accounts.

4. Homer79

Homer79
    Expand Collapse

Canada
    I am having the same issue now. I was using different numbers with my Uber account as I was travelling and when I switched back to my local number, i was unable to add my old credit cards to my account. I wasn’t even able to add PayPal. There is a preauthorisation charge of 1usd to my credit card whenever I try to add that card but the app would not allow me to add the card. I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks with Uber support and have tried all kinds of methods to trouble shoot. Nothing works :(