Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

I believe I left my phone in an UBER car last night. How do I go about finding the driver?

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Nick, Jun 1, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Nick

Nick
    Expand Collapse

I believe I left my phone in an UBER car last night. How do I go about finding the driver? I would assume all transactions/ drives are saved so we could ID the driver and call?

2. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber, nor is this forum authorized by Uber, but I'll give you my $.02.

Since you don't have a phone, you will have to do this from a computer or tablet:

Log into your Uber rider account at www.uber.com and there should be a menu selection "Lost Something?

If you have access to email from another device (computer or tablet), check your email receipt. There should be a link for "Lost something," (it's been a while since I've been a rider so I don't know for sure what's on the email receipt).

Drivers are supposed to turn in found items to their local Uber location.

Good luck and Uber On!
    MHD

Harry Flashman likes this.
  3. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    or you could offer the driver a cash reward to return it to you ASAP.

4. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber, nor is this forum authorized by Uber, but I'll give you my $.02.
    I must correct myself. Apparently (at least in Denver) drivers cannot turn in lost items to the local Uber office. Instead, if we [drivers] can identify the trip where that item was found, we can click on something within the individual trip record that states that we found an item. Supposedly, Uber will then reach out to the passenger and ask, "...did you leave [item] in one of your Uber cars?" and hopefully the passenger and driver can connect. I've had several passengers contact me directly asking about lost keys, sunglasses, etc. Apparently they can still contact the driver even though the driver's phone number is still anonymized.

True, but the OP was asking, "how do I find the driver?" Passengers have told me that if they lost something in a TAXI and they were able to contact the driver, some cabbies will say,"...I have your item but it will cost you $50 to get it..." Ugh! I don't mind being compensated for returning an item to a passenger but I will NOT hold an item "hostage for ransom."
    MHD

Marcopolo Santos likes this.
  5. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    my apologies for mis reading the op. it is always a problem with the return though. I like to leave lost property at the police station.

Best way to try and contact the driver is to ring your phone

6. Uber Downunder

Uber Downunder
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    If you do get in touch with the driver offer him/her a reward. Plenty of drivers have wasted heaps of time doing the right thing for no monetary consideration. It just burns them for the little they are making out there to then be jerked around whilst doing someone else a favour.

My advice to drivers is to hand it in to the closest Police Station - thats all they need to do legally.

pbracing33b and Harry Flashman like this.
  7. pbracing33b

pbracing33b
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Or throw it in a dumpster and hope the rider has insurance. I'm sorry, I have been burned too many times by this, and I feel bad that I have to collect a monetary reward for my time, but why should I have to be their guardian these are grown adults and they need to take care of themselves I'm not their gaurdian and I'm not losing money anymore, especially when these people don't even reward you for being nice, I mean heck a $600 dollar phone you would think someone would give you a reward, nope. Just a thanks and sometimes not even that. So instead of me going off the app, its going in the dumpster, its not my concern to chase you all over. Be responsible for yourself.

8. mblatch

mblatch
    Expand Collapse

Draft saved Draft deleted