Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

How many people allowed in car?

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by Tayna95, Dec 25, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Tayna95

Tayna95
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Hi. Just curious how many people are allowed in the uber? It is strange to get a ride from a car full of people...

2. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

The totally correct answer is to only allow the number of passengers that match the number of seat belts in the vehicle. Although some UberX vehicles may be able to seat 5 passengers, the UberX category is supposed to be for only 4 passengers.

If you have more passengers that seat belts you should either request the party split up into multiple UberX rides or request the rider cancel and request an UberXL.

3. Tayna95

Tayna95
    Expand Collapse

United States
    What is Uber XL?

And how do I know how many people will be in the vehicle when I order the uber?

4. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

UberXL is for up to 6 passengers. The vehicle with not have anyone but the driver when you request a ride. Thus, you are requesting a ride for up to 4 passengers with UberX.

If you use UberPool, there may be someone else that you're sharing with.

5. Tayna95

Tayna95
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I only have the UberX app. Never heard of the other Ubers. Is there anyway to request an empty vehicle? Sometimes I want to bring my family out, or bring groceries home. The taxi always sends empty vehicles.

6. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

As I said, UberX is available for 4 passengers. There will not be anyone else in the car except the driver.

Depending on where you live, there may be other options besides UberX, such as UberXL, UberSelect, UberPremium, UberBlack, and UberSUV.

jholmes23 likes this.
  7. Tayna95

Tayna95
    Expand Collapse

United States
    There are always other passengers in the Uber when I ride. Aren't I supposed to get a fare split or something?

8. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

It sounds like you are using UberPool. This mode allows you to share the cost of the ride with others. There isn't a "fare split", but you will see a lower fare than if you requested an UberX.

When using UberPool, you can expect no more than two other passengers in the vehicle. If you don't want to use UberPool, you have to select one of the other options when you are requesting your ride.

jholmes23 likes this.
  9. jholmes23

jholmes23
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I use Uberpool whenever possible. Was out in Chicago for a few days and a ride that normally would've run $17-$20 ended up being only $3. Huge savings, only had to withstand a car ride with 3 strangers for 20 mins.

John Daly likes this.
  10. Tayna95

Tayna95
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I have never heard of Uber Pool. I thought UberX was the only Uber there was. It SAYS UberX. And it charges me regular Uber rates. How do I order an Uber that is empty?

11. Tayna95

Tayna95
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I live in rural Indiana. Uber pool is $10-15 for a 2-3 mile trip. Isn't there a way to order an Uber with no other passengers anymore? Sometimes I need the room. Besides, there have been occosian where I felt like they might rob me.

12. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

If you're using UberX, and UberPool is not in rural Indiana, then there should never be any other people in the vehicle except the driver. If there ever is, cancel the ride and report the driver.

13. Tayna95

Tayna95
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I can't afford to cancel rides. Is there a limit to how many kids the driver can babysit at once? Or how many friends can ride?

14. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

If you cancel and report the driver for having others in the car on UberX you can get your cancellation fee back. No one else can ride along with a driver when they are logged into the Uber app except paying passengers.

Draft saved Draft deleted