Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

HI All.. I can get a list of nearly every Uber Drivers Email address in a few days....

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Uber1, Jan 9, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Uber1

Uber1
    Expand Collapse

United States
    HI,

Been working a lot at my regular job so was not able to come online a lot but I have been refining the method and thinking about how to put plan into video and written form.

I do realize that the term "strike" many be not technically 100% correct BUT it conveys the actual intent of what I am trying to do and I think it keeps the possibility of us being "employees" alive (they are still actually fighting this in Cali I believe...so I'll "help" them out with the terminology I use....Your welcome Lizzy).

The fundamental reason all "strikes" have failed up to this point was the lack of knowledge about the strike on the first place(by a vast majority of drivers) and hence a lack of appreciable work stoppages....

A strike really isn't a strike if not a lot of people know about and actually implement it...even if say
    10 to 30 percent actually striked that is a good percentage BUT not really enough in my opinion....

I would say for a strike to be "successful" we would need at least about 70% of all drivers to actually do the work stoppage....

I realize some drivers depend solely on Uber $$ THAT is why I will not asking for a long strike....Just enough to let Uber KNOW we CAN do it....As little as 5 to 10 minutes of clean screens (clear of drivers that is) should be sufficient for my purposes.

I am currently doing a write up of the entire process so I can have some general points to cover when making the video (Actually Andrew will be making the video (and be in the video(s)) on my behalf because his organization is allowing me to do this essentially "unchecked" and "unedited" and also because this effort requires me to be "underground" for a bit.

When the movement gains momentum and actually succeeds I will (or can) reveal my true identity and I can guarantee everybody will be shocked to learn who I actually am (hint : You already KNOW who I am !).

I'll leave you with those cliff hangers for now.

Andy

2. Uber1

Uber1
    Expand Collapse

United States
    HI,

I haven't been on in a bit because I have been working a lot of hours at my regular job.

As far as my use of the word "strike" .....it may not be technically correct but it does convey the intent of what we are trying to do in order to get drivers increased pay...

As a side note the used of the word "strike" may be important IF (when?) the Cali class action lawsuit works out in the driver's favor (your welcome Lizzy).

Anyways, there are only 2 reasons why a strike has not worked in the past....1) not enough drivers KNEW about it and 2) not enough drivers actually participated in a strike.

Those 2 short comings need to be overcome before we as drivers can make any inroads towards better pay....

My plan with the backing of Middle Class Amerca and HOPEFULLY THIS site (after all THIS site is a site OF Uber drivers and one would hope that they can and will do what is necessary and just to help us out....right?? OR if NOT what IS the purpose of this site....Just talk?....would it be right if a person watched a woman get raped and NOT intervene OR at least call 911 ?....Just asking....))
    is to unite drivers successfully and negotiate with those who would choose to otherwise abuse us.

(I'll see if this stays up unedited)....

Anyways,

Even if up to 30% of all drivers participated that would not be enough in my book....I believe we need about 70 percent and UP strike rate to be truly successful.

MY goal is to achieve that and more BUT it would still require help and participation from the drivers side....All I can realistically do is reach out to the majority of drivers and ask them to help themselves from there.

Also, I do realize that some drivers rely on Uber for their income...possibly even their sole source of income....and because of that (and not to punish riders who may rely on Uber to get to their jobs etc...)...Our strike would be limited to about 5 or 10 minutes....maybe 15 minutes tops.

I just want THEM to KNOW we can do it, NOT that we HAVE to do it....

THAT and other reason(s) is / are why THIS strike will be "The mother AND father of all strikes"

OK that was a play off Saddam, but hey I couldn't come up with better on short notice !

As far as what we agreed to, I have no problem with whatever I , we , or others others have signed / may have signed and / or agreed to just to start driving.... BUT I am saying IF WE want better we CAN get better...

We just have to organize and demand better....

If you are a "sheeple" fine.....(BUT I am HOPING to have you on board with this effort since this affects YOU as well as your fellow driver and fellow class mate (as in Middle class)).

Just thank god that people "back in the day" thought otherwise, otherwise we'd probably still be wearing wigs and red coats and drinking tea ! (even back then the original settlers "agreed" to the terms for transport over here BUT did they listen?...NO and now we have America!...problem now is the Middle Class is collapsing and we are all scrounging around....heck we are so desperate we even drive for Uber! .... HA).

If you want better for you and yours you OWE it to yourself, your family , and others in your class to do this because together we can....

Hey even Nike said "Just do it" ;-)

Andy

PS - This battle is with Uber, but it is just one fight / skirmish of many in the war against the MIddle Class..

Let's blow this bitch (analogy to the Death Star) and win one for us...The workers of Middle Class.

#22 Uber1, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  3. Uber1

Uber1
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I thought this post did not make it on here....sorry for the semi duplicate below BUT there are a couple differences so I guess keep them both up...

I didn't want o retype / edit extensively since I to go out for a bit....

I had restarted my computer and thought this post was lost...

Well twice as much to enjoy BUT there are differences....

Andy

4. Uber1

Uber1
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Actually if you want to help bring down the Evil U....PM me and let's chat.

Andy

5. Uber1

Uber1
    Expand Collapse

United States
    The other web site (A Middle Class Organization site) is FREE but people can pay to join IF they choose to...There is even a DONATE button there to help out.

Realistically, it does cost $$ to run massive campaigns BUT I am hoping to do this for low $$.

I know WHY unions started...Due to oppressive working conditions back in the day BUT I would be happy to know more.....

I needs me an edumacation ;-)

Andy

6. RockinEZ

RockinEZ
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Mental masterbatin in public.
    A very long winded way of letting others know you don't have a clue, or know the recent history of attempted work stoppages.

If you want to do something fund a class action suit so the rest of us can join an attack on Uber's labor practices.
    Protesting a contract you agreed to is a wasted effort.

7. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Only give out your email to this guy as if you freely expect it to be given to Travis.

8. Crazy Cat Lady

Crazy Cat Lady
    Expand Collapse

United States
    If you can get nearly all the emails what do you need the little bit of help for? And let's say for instance you worked for Uber wouldn't it be pretty stupid of us to give you our emails not knowing who the heck you are?

9. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    the help he needs is to get the administrators of various sites to give him the email address of their members. This forum wont provide him with such details.
    He is trying to increase membership on what maybe his own forum and trying to make himself look good.

10. Uber1

Uber1
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I can get nearly all the drivers emails BUT it STILL requires driver help (have to still sign off line at coordinated times etc...plus the method I have still requires an initial group of drivers to help since I cannot do it all by myself (well in theory it can be done by 1 person BUT it would take longer....assuming I can get at least 5 drivers per state (ideally more but at at least a few) the process would go a lot quick (only a few days) ....THAT was one reason for me getting a "dream team" together.

Once I get that and we co ordinate strikes (a series of short ones rather than long ones so as not to hurt driver incomes for drivers that NEED to earn every day) THAT will show the powers that be that I do have the list and we can co ordinate our efforts (THAT is the only way to get concessions from Uber...we have to show we can go on coordinated "strikes"....short of that THEY still have the upper hand and we cannot get concessions as drivers.

If people are paranoid that I work for Uber (and I DO....Unfortunately, as a driver only !....Yes, I am implying I am an EMPLOYEE....Liss would be proud! ;-)) ....I am RECOMMENDING that they make a NEW email address (NOT the one they signed up with for Ubering in the first place so they don't have to worry about getting deactivated etc..).

As a matter of fact I even recommend getting a Yahoo OR other address (NOT Google) since Google IS INVESTED with Uber THEY may shut things down since they have a big stake in things (Now THAT would be paranoid BUT when you are playing against the big boys you have to plan for stuff like that too!).

I think I may have put the above precaution here (about the email addresses) before or it may have been on another forum BUT that is another reason why this really NEEDS to be coordinated from a central site....to prevent things like this from happening (same questions answered in another forum or forums) or omitting things in one forum but putting them in another....remember fragmented we CANNOT succeed....and THAT was just one reason fragmenting has issues....

I will be making You Tube Videos shortly concerning all this (well actually maybe not me personally but rather Andrew at the Middle Class site since he is more experienced at making videos....I did buy a tripod and camera holder intending to make them but I have been busy at work lately plus it was really more Andrew's method for getting the drivers list rather than mine....( I just brought him the concept of helping us Uber drivers to enable to have his organization do something more "public" rather than working behind the scenes (which is what they mostly do now)....He LIKED the concept that is why he made an "organizing and advocacy" section on the Middle Class America Organization site....

Well I have to run to work now....

Hope that answers your question(s)....I'll say "Hi" to Travis for you ;-O

Andy

PS - Of course you do realize I was kidding about the Travis thing right ?? ;-)

#30 Uber1, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  11. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    Here is what uber1 Andy had to say on another forum

Also, many of the other forums I am / was a member of (under various aliases) did NOT or still do not want outside links OR
    people attempting to gather email addresses from their site(s) for coordination purposes (WHY ?....Because they selfishly
    want to KEEP everything on THEIR respective sites WITHOUT regard as to what's actually BEST for drivers....How can a site of
    and / or FOR Uber drivers allow this to continue without they themselves taking some action for drivers directly OR allow
    somebody else (organization OR person(s)) to do so on behalf of the their oppressed member drivers?

good work Andy

12. Uber1

Uber1
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Sad BUT true, MOST forums and groups really don't want to help despite being mainly made up of oppressed drivers.

Each smaller part thus far is in it to help themselves (for fear of losing members to other sites)...THAT's my take but it sadly is the truth more than likely.

Real organizing requires a joint effort....THAT is why previous attempts at organizing have failed.....too many fragments not enough REAL unity.

The ultimate goal is UNIFYING to make an effective strike.

Would the powers that be on THIS site ENDORSE a strike and organizing for the benefit of its driver members?....

YES I am putting it out there in black and white....

I would LIKE to organize PEOPLE AND SITES for a HUGE push....THIS has NOT been done before (plus it would be a great start towards getting all the emails....BUT remember even IF I got all the emails from members of ALL the Uber forum sites out there that would be but a drop in the bucket....MY plan would get us the MAJORITY of ALL driver emails but again THAT requires organizing and help (since lack of $$....we can either work to get the emails OR we can pay for them but since we are not made of $$ we have to do it the non costly way which will still work but requires actual effort (about 30 minutes worth from the drivers perspective).

THAT is why I am attempting to put together a "dream team" of Uber people (people like Abe, Uber man etc...) before starting the plan to get all the emails (we need help since we don't have $$ although I did reach out to Lyft to see if they would help out since they would benefit from the fall of Uber BUT I have not been able to get through yet....I'll see If I can call HR or some such department there...there has to be a phone number!).

THAT is why all forums who are for / or of Uber drivers need to also unite on some neutral area (at least for strike purposes) and for that I would suggest the Middle Class America Organization site site......(also since most drivers were, are, are struggling to be or struggling to stay Middle Class PLUS they already said they would help and use their resources to help....heck Andrew even made a specific section dealing with advocacy and organizing (meant not just for Uber but for any group....I just asked him to do one for us since I am involved as a driver with Uber)...

THEY are NOT Uber related AND they have agreed to help....(They are NOT Uber related except for purposes of advocacy and organizing (they basically will help ANY group that wants to help Middle Class people) that I got them to put that on their site to help us Middle Class people).

Andy

#32 Uber1, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  13. Uber1

Uber1
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Hmmnn....

When the colonists came to the new land they too signed a contract for passage here....

Fortunately THEY REVOLTED or we would be sitting here wearing red coats, wigs and drinking tea! ;-O

Actually , I had (proposed on another site) that drivers should file individual lawsuits against Uber thus costing Uber mega $$ to defend against....

The lawsuits cannot be frivolous or Uber could counter sue and win but there are many legitimate things a driver could sue for...On example being false advertising of anticipated earnings etc....

I had run the idea of a Middle Class America sponsored Driver's class action lawsuit against Uber and Andrew said he would look into that on our behalf.

Andy

14. Jimmy Bliziotis

Jimmy Bliziotis
    Expand Collapse

United States

Hi Andy, please contact me regarding the Uber Driver Email List

15. Everyknght

Everyknght
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Good Work

16. Dantheman88