Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Finally real ridesharing

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Harry Flashman, Nov 17, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

I think some posters here, even though they are using different names here vs the names they use in North Korea, are the same people. You can tell by their same rants and their on intolerance of those who disagree with them

In both North and South Korea, there are a few posters, including cab drivers and TNC drivers, who like it only when posters attack and put down Travis and Uber, whether their rants make sense or not, as long as their posts are against Travis or Uber, they love it.

For example, the next four posts of mine.

2. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Example 1.

Travis suc*s. Uber is a shady company.

3. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Example 2.

Uber is going to price itself out of the market. At these fare rates, drivers are quiting in large number. Atravis will soon realize, without drivers there is no Uber.

4. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Example 3.

Travis is greedy and doesn't care about drivers. In fact, Travis is an egomaniac who doesn't care about anything but himself. But too bad there are always many drivers who will drive for Uber.

5. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Example 4.

Travis' greed and arrogance will eventually do Uber in. Uber's model is noypt sustainable.

6. Chi1Abbie

Chi1Abbie
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I think you've weighed in your opinion 500posts over.

7. Chi1Abbie

Chi1Abbie
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Thanks for posting this. And here I thought Travis was a nice guy and cares about the drivers well being.

8. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    travis used to complain about the other guy in the car, he wants drivers gone.
    he wants to make uber cheaper than car ownership and cheaper than the bus.

9. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

I was misled by Uber's misleading propaganda. I vouch to use my next 500 posts to fight for TNC and other on-demand drivers' rights to collective bargaining, especially for a possible labor representation of drivers by one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful, labor unions in the world, the Teamsters.

10. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Nope. You and other drivers were all correct. I was misled by the TNC's bad, arrogant, and misleading PR machine and propaganda. Mr. Traverse is an arrogant, greedy, egomaniac who doesn't care about anything at all. Thank you esteemed members of this board of opening my eyes to the perils of letting greedy people like Traverse to make decisions that can impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of drivers. I am fully sold and I am on your side now.

11. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

It is sad that Traverse doesn't even have the IQ of a monkey, or the life experience or wisdom of a five year old. Even a five year old can tell, by pushing out all drivers, no one will drive for him anymore. So how is Traverse going to make money? No drivers equals no trips. No trips means no fares. And no fares bring Traverse and Uber zero revenue. Hello, are you thinking clearly Traverse? Maybe you need us drivers to teach you real life business once in a while!

12. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Traverse may claim to have high education. His top lieutenants may be Ivy League graduates. But they all lack real life experience. Real life experience that you simply can't gain by concocting some stupid, unsustainable ideas on a piece of napkin, then hiring a team from Silicon Valley to code it out. To build a truly successful business, you need on the ground real life experience. Without having driven for at least a day, like I so did yesterday (painful experience that taught and convinced me all my hardworking brothers and sisters and cousins that drive for UberX have been correct all along), Traverse will never understand the plight of the drivers and will never be able to make good decisions for Uber. We need someone who has driven for Uber, someonev who understand how it us and what it is like driving on the street, getting pings, swiping (accepting) pings, drive hard and be respectful to our dear passengers. We need Uber's CEO to come from our drivers' rank. Or at least have driven for at least a few months. We will get our Teamsters bosses to negotiate such a requirements to the Uber CEO job as part of our labor negotiations with Uber's management.

13. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Just one day if driving has shown to me, drivers have been right all along: surges are a sham. Uber's propaganda is misleading. Traverse is greedy and arrogant and doesn't care about drivers at all. If readers have researched well into my posts you would find tons of posts that I praised Traverse as a benevolent, caring entrepreneur who went beyond his call of duty to pay his drivers more than the market would bear, that he cared about his drivers a lot, that he put drivers' interest above his own company's profits. I wrote a lot of those posts. One day of driving taught me that that thinking was brainwashed by Uber's misleading publicity, Traverse is actually greedy and underplays his drivers and he dies 't care about drivers at all. All he cares about is his own profit maximization, a fact that I conveniently missed in all my previous posts, as notable members have correctly pointed out.

14. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

To fight for and protect higher pay and better working conditions, we need to sit down and talk it over and bring in the Teamsters to negotiate everything for us. We all deserve higher pay and far better working conditions. With Teamsters on boarding our efforts fighting for better pay and work conditions, the days of driving on icy roads and severe snowstorms for peanuts will soon be over! Uber drivers of the world, unite under the Teamsters!

15. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Teamsters will represent us drivers because we have the number. With all types of 90on-demand drivers counted, we probably number 1 to 2 million. Even with just 2% of our drivers' earnings as dues, say 2% of $30,000 equals $600 per driver, that annual union due collection will likely boost the size of Teamsters tremendously, increasing their annual dues collection by at least $600 million. They are worth the money, as history has so repeatedly shown. Every one dollar you invest or put into labor representation by Teamsters you can expect to get many times back in higher pay and better work condition fought for and won by the Teamsters.

16. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    Honestly I dont know how any one bothers with you. perhaps that is why you like to spam and smother forums with your misguided rants.
    How many forums have banned you?

#36 Harry Flashman, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  17. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

One thing funny is, if I don't like a poster's writing, I will generally not respond to it. I just ignore those posts. Like there are a lot of politicians I don't pay attention to. But some people just do the opposite. Look at Hillary Clinton, over the past ten years, perhaps even longer, those who spend the most time on reading about her, talking about her, are those who hate her. The haters of Hillary spend more time reading up on her than her own supporters do. Same with the supporters and haters of the late Ted Kennedy, JFK, etc.

When I read a post (unless someone is replying to my post), if I like it or have learned something from it or would like to encourage the poster to write more such posts or have a question I want to ask to learn more fro the poster, I will "like" it and/or reply to that post. If a post doesn't fit any of the above mentioned criteria, I skipped after one or two seconds (life is too short for doing unproductive things like responding or spending time on such posts). As simple as that. But simehow, some people are tickled enough that they would read and respond to posts that they don't enjoy and don't learn anything from. Is it because there have been too few people posting here to the point where such people actually read everything being posted?

To answer your question, North Korea is the first forum that has banned me.

18. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Free exchange of opinions should refrain from calling names. I don't call people names unless they have started it first, and even after they have done, I generally refrained from doing so for quite some time. If they repeated called me names more than ten times in more than ten posts, if you don't respond playing their nasty game (calling names) others may think you are a weakling.

For example, look back on my posts. Have I called you names? All my posts are taking about things, without attacking people or their arguments. But you, "misguided rants". I say "rants" I never say "misguided rants". Even drivers who keep complaining should be respected as their rants are legit. When you said misguided, then you need to intellectually go into arguments showing how it is misguided. Certain type of people write intellectually, giving broad coverage of all possibilities under the sun, with any specific statement attempting to be backed up by supposition, stated assumptions, or mentioning surmise or hypothesis. But that is just not the way some people talk, write, or argue. They prefer to just resort to attach self righteous names to things and don't bother to do the extra words of qualifying their statements or covering more possibilities. In other words, just the way they talk every day. As in their everyday life. Forums, being free and everybody can post anything they feel like it, pretty much reflect every walks of life.

#38 ClevelandUberRider, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  19. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

It's kind of hard to ignore your rants when they take up a whole page.

20. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    I have to agree with that.

there have been several posts i was going to respond to but they get lost because you make he makes so many.

Draft saved Draft deleted