Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Driver Started Ride before Pick Up

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by TheBayingMob, Apr 6, 2018.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. TheBayingMob

TheBayingMob
    Expand Collapse

United States
    So I use Uber quite a bit to get to and from the airport; on two occasions now when coming back from the airport the Uber driver has started the ride 10mins before picking me up.

Each time the driver (different on both occasions) complained about having phone/gps issues.

All I've done until now is not tipped / rated the ride, but I'm wondering if this is a common issue and if there is anything I should do officially to complain about this?

Has anyone else had this issue?

TBM

2. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

Your scenario doesn't quite make sense. If the driver started the ride 10 minutes before picking you up, that would mean the driver was not even in the vicinity of the requested pick up location. As soon as the ride was started with the driver not at your location you should have cancelled the ride and contacted Uber.

Typically, airport pickups are matched with drivers who are currently at the airport waiting in a queue. Thus, they are not 10 minutes away.

If this is happening at the same airport it sounds like the drivers are running a scam to get more out of each ride. Although, 10 minutes without any significant mileage is not usually a big impact.

Draft saved Draft deleted