Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Destinations that the writer did not put in the app

Discussion in 'Lyft Drivers Forum' started by Charles F Sanford, Jul 9, 2017.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Charles F Sanford

Charles F Sanford
    Expand Collapse

United States
    So earlier today I had a rider that wanted me to take her a lot of places that she didn't put in the app, wanted me to wait at a place for several minutes change her mind about where she was going several times. All in all she was probably in my car for more than half an hour.

At first I didn't mind it because I figured I was getting paid to take her to all of these places, but when I looked at my balance that didn't increase very much at all.

Should you take a rider somewhere if they don't put that destination in the app? Do you get paid for side trips?

2. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

You still get paid based on time and distance traveled, but time sitting doesn't pay very much. It's also possible that after the trip was over the rider claimed that you took an inefficient route and got some of their money back.

I recommend you ask the rider to continually update their destination in the app for every stop. Lyft does allow for a multi-stop trip, but it is limited in the number that the rider can enter.

Draft saved Draft deleted