Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Attitudes towards Tipping Uber Drivers

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by Jawahar, Nov 27, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Jawahar

Jawahar
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Please complete a short survey on Attitudes Towards Tipping Uber drivers. Uber recently settlled a class-action law suit with its drivers for $100M. As result of the settlement, Uber now allows their drivers to solicit tips for their services.

The survey takes less than a minute to complete. Thank you for your time.

https://goo.gl/forms/g3zGOdpPcLzgGRCl1

Beth Trenty likes this.
  2. Ubtotom

Ubtotom
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Drivers should be tipped ,no question. It's a customary thanks,do you tip waitreses?I'm not a tightwad just my opinion

3. Beth Trenty

Beth Trenty
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I really wish Uber would just implement a tipping option via the app. This is a service industry after all and usually accompanied by tipping if the service was good. I'm a driver now but even when I was just a passenger I always tried to tip my driver when possible. Lyft on the other hand doesn't have this problem and their pax don't have any issues with tipping. So why do Uber pax make such a bit stink about it?

4. Ubtotom

Ubtotom
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I don't know why ,it seems the college age kids don't know what tipping is ,older folks tip, usually 5 bucks every time,nice to meet you beth

5. Seng Li

Seng Li
    Expand Collapse

i use uber for the discounted rate. i dont tip

6. Ubtotom

Ubtotom
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Do you tip waitreses

7. dt126

dt126
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I have no problem with tipping in general, but one of Uber's founding points was a flat rate. "no tipping" policy. This was overturned by the courts, but to me Uber will always be a flat rate service and I'm not going to tip. That is one of the main reasons I started using it and it's one of the main reasons I continue using it. There are competing services where tipping is part of the culture and when I use those services, I do tip. I see nothing wrong with establishing businesses that both allow and prohibit tipping to provide alternatives.

When you sign up as an Uber driver, you have to realize that you are not going to be getting many tips and that needs to be built into the economic calculation for you. If tipping becomes "expected" in the Uber ecosystem, I personally will take far fewer trips as the cost calculation shifts dramatically. For example, we use Ubereats pretty much daily in the office here. Delivery is $5 flat and, at that rate, it makes economic sense to use the service. However, if tipping becomes expected and we need to add 15% to 20% to our order, then our $5 delivery fee gets cranked up to $15 to $20 and it no longer makes sense to use the service. Instead, we'll just go back to each of us alternating pick up's from restaurant take-out.

kwt likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted